Hi Cape Town
Firstly, let me apologise for not visiting more. I do still love you, it’s just that I am busy and well, you know… Trust me, it’s not you, it’s me. I promise to visit as soon as I can.
In the meantime, I have some good news for you!
A few weeks ago, I attended Blood Brothers up here in the Corrupted States of Gauteng. Man, what an awesome experience. Seriously, if I tell you that it was one of the most amazing, most magical musical experiences I have ever had, I would not be exaggerating. Everything was awesome. From the tequila we had on the bus going to the show, straight through to the reminiscence on the way home. The exquisite selection of world class musicians was complimented by a professionally managed event that looked great. The stage was not just a functional platform, built for the upliftment of the featured entertainment. It was PART of the show. It moved, it grooved and it looked damn sexy.
The songs. Oh, the songs my dear Cape Town… You have no idea how awesome the songs were. Reading the set-list will only serve to let you know what songs were played. Nothing, however, can prepare a mere mortal for the audio-visual brilliance that is Blood Brothers.
After the show I had 3 wishes:
- My bed. I was broken. Was it the headbanging? The copious amounts of Jose Cuervo’s golden goodness? The sheer emotional exhaustion after beign taken on a musical journey so profound, that even now I can’t explain it? Well, yes. Also, I was tired.
- I wished to see the show again. Sadly, this does not seem to be possible, for me at least. So, moving along swiftly…
- I really wished that more people could see the show. And guess what… my wish came true! YOU can see it, right there in the town with the flat mountain on the 23rd of September 2015. You lucky bastards…
Check it out:
- If you’re wondering what this whole uproar is about my dear Cape Town, simply see the previous post I made about Blood Brothers.
- You can buy your Blood Brothers tickets at by clicking here, on Webtickets
- Follow @BloodBrothersSA on twitter, or visit Blood Brothers on Facebook
- Seeing as I can’t make it, you’ll have to start a #Cuervolucion with Jose Cuervo on my behalf…
So my dear Cape Town, do yourself a favour, and make sure you send all your citizens to watch this life changing show…